|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Skype Comes to the PlayStation Vita
Tags: PlayStation Vita, Skype (all tags)
It's a natural addition to a device with a rear facing camera and Wi-Fi connectivity. Now where are our PSone Classics?
The PlayStation Vita just got a nice upgrade that gives users the ability to communicate with friends and family across the world – Skype. While it's a bit more counter-intuitive on TVs, the Wi-Fi/3G connected device with a rear facing camera is a natural for the service.
Skype will work both over 3G and Wi-Fi, and can run in the background of most games, but not all. If you're called during a game, answering it will pause what you're doing so that you can return to the game after you've hung up.
Skype should be available now, though Sony says it may take a day or two to finish rolling out to everybody.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' Blu-ray Announced
- 'The Best of Bogart Collection' Dated for Blu-ray
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- More High-Def Disc News...