|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Samsung Launches 3D VOD Service In Japan
Tags: Samsung, 3D, Industry Trends (all tags)
US and European launches are expected this summer.
The 3D wars are heating up, with Samsung rolling out a new service that allows you to order 3D video content directly through your TV.
The new 3D VOD service is live now in Japan, and offers access to titles like 'How to Train Your Dragon,' 'Megamind' and even a Japanese concert series - all in 3D. Samsung doesn't say whether these are coming to you in HD or not, but it seems safe to assume that high-definition is a part of it.
Along with the more standard 3D faire, Japanese 3D fans have access to educational content that includes a program teaching children to speak English.
The service should be hitting the US in the first half of the year (assuming that Google Translate didn't goof up the wording too badly) and roll out to the rest of the world not too long after.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...