|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Redbox and Universal Re-Up 28-Day Delay Contract Until 2014
Tags: Redbox, Universal, Warner Brothers, Industry Trends (all tags)
Looks like Universal isn't on board with Warner's insistence for a 56-day window.
While Warner insists that anything less than an eight week delay before Redbox is allowed to start renting discs, it's clear that Universal disagrees based on their newly signed agreement with Redbox. The terms of the deal insist on retaining the existing 28-day rental window and in turn offering Redbox discounted discs when that four weeks is up.
"The multi-year agreement between Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Redbox represents a win for consumers, Universal and Redbox," says Redbox senior vice president Galen Smith. "Redbox is committed to forging relationships that provide our consumers with affordable and timely access to new release content."
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...