|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
The 4K RedRay Player is Now Available for Preorders
Tags: REDRay, RED, 4K, UHDTV (all tags)
Streaming content will be available with the launch of the player in March.
With the inevitable hardware transition from HD to UHD underway, companies will soon be fighting to control the software side of the picture. Just as with the Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD format war, we'll soon see competition for dominance. The big difference is that this war might not be entirely disc based.
We're still waiting to see what happens with Blu-ray and we've yet to get a real look at anyone else's plans, but Red is already prepping the launch of their RedRay player. The RedRay player can push out UHD content via a streaming service called Odemax, which apparently delivers 4K streams without requiring crazy amounts of data.
The RedRay digital media player will launch in March and is available to preorder now at $1,499.
Source: Big Picture Big Sound
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: Parental Guidance Suggested
- Details Spread for 'Dead Rising 3' DLC Episode 'Operation Broken Eagle'
- LG's Gesture and Speech Recognition Technology Receives UL Certification
- Turn 10 Plans to Overall Both Credit Payouts and Car Prices in 'Forza 5'
- 'Sabrina (1954)' Announced for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...