|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Project Spark' Beta Program Seeking Entrants
Tags: Xbox (all tags)
Game making/sharing program building towards Xbox One launch date.
After being demonstrated at E3, it seems that 'Project Spark' is shaping up for an actual release. The program is being sold as a gamemaker beyond the capabilities of titles like 'Little Big Planet' and 'Minecraft.'
From the 'Project Spark' FAQ, "Project Spark is a powerful, yet simple digital canvas on which to build and play your own worlds, stories, and games. Share all of your creations to a dynamic community, and play what the community makes. Project Spark brings creation to life and presents endless opportunities for play."
'Project Spark' will be a free download once it releases, but it looks like micro transaction-powered content packs are part of the program. For now, those interested can sign-up for the Beta program.
While the game's use of Smart Glass, Kinect, and the upcoming Xbox One console are being emphasized, 'Project Spark' is set to release on the Xbox One, 360, and Windows 8 PCs and tablets. Even a simple 360 without connect or Smart Glass will be supported.
Author: Brian Hoss
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More High-Def Disc News...