|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Sony Offers Freebies as a "Welcome Back" to PSN and Qriocity
Tags: PlayStation Network, Sony, PlayStation 3, Qriocity (all tags)
PlayStation Network and Qriocity members are getting freebies as a way to apologize to customers for the downtime and security breach.
Sony is working hard to get everything back online for their members and expects that they'll have at least a good chunk of their online services up and running this week. Qriocity should be fully restored, and online play for PS3 and PSP systems will be ready to go.
The folks at Sony also want to make sure that they hang onto the customers they have, which is why they're launching a customer appreciation program offering freebies to existing members. Sony says that the program will offer different things across different regions, but they've outlined some of the basics.
All PlayStation Network members will be upgraded to PlayStation Plus for 30 days, while existing PlayStation Plus members will get 30 days free. Free content will be made available to members, though Sony doesn't specify just what that will be. Qriocity members will also get 30 days of free service.
Source: PlayStation Blog
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Big City' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- More High-Def Disc News...