|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
PlayStation Introduces Crackle Movie Sharing and Ustream to PS3
Tags: PlayStation 3, Crackle (all tags)
This may actually give you a reason to use PlayStation Home.
PlayStation Home has been a pretty big flop since the onset. It's a virtual space that you can inhabit while not playing games, but there isn't a lot of reason to use it.
Sony is adding content though, and hopes that their new offerings will attract people to the service. The latest addition is Crackle, a free movie service owned by Sony. The selection is limited, but the price is right.
Crackle has been on the PS3 for a while now, but Home integration offers something different. If you and your friends navigate to the LOOT section of Home, you can all watch a movie at the same time and communicate with voice and text while doign so. It's a nice way to enjoy a flick with your friend or have a movie date with that special someone while traveling.
In addition to Crackle, Ustream will be coming to PlayStation Home, as will RadioIO - both of which will have social experiences attached to them as well.
Source: PlayStation Blog
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: Parental Guidance Suggested
- Details Spread for 'Dead Rising 3' DLC Episode 'Operation Broken Eagle'
- LG's Gesture and Speech Recognition Technology Receives UL Certification
- Turn 10 Plans to Overall Both Credit Payouts and Car Prices in 'Forza 5'
- 'Sabrina (1954)' Announced for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...