The new AV receiver offers a slim design and hi-res audio playback.
Pioneer has announced the release of its latest AV component. The SX-S30 Slim 2-Channel Network Receiver is on sale now for a suggested price of $500.
The SX-S30 offers 85W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven) and uses powerful Class D amplification. In addition, the device features a slim, compact design making it perfect for customers with limited space. Likewise, the receiver includes support for MP3, AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, FLAC, and WAV files to a maximum 192 kHz/24-bit, along with 2.8 MHz/5.6 MHz DSD hi-res Audio playback.
Here's a full rundown of key specs and features per the press release:
- Bluetooth®, AirPlay® and dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®, and the SX-S30 can be configured to wake and commence playback on Bluetooth® standby mode
- Whole home audio and casting made possible through several options, including Chromecast built-in™, DTS Play-Fi® technology and FireConnect™
- Supports all the popular internet subscription options including Spotify® Connect application which allows the use of other apps without interrupting music playback, as well as TIDAL, Deezer and Pandora®
- The ELITE SX-S30 also includes a host of legacy connections like analog RCA and coaxial/optical digital inputs, along with a phono input with MM equalizer to facilitate turntable connection, and a USB input that supports playback of a variety of music formats, including hi-res audio that are stored on USB memory devices.
- There are four 4K/60p Ultra HD-ready HDMI® inputs capable of playing High Dynamic Range and BT.2020-encoded video, and routes signals to a compatible TV via a single HDMI cable.
- The HDMI output features Audio Return Channel with CEC/CEC Multilink. Your home entertainment system can be configured to switch on amplify any TV content with fewer button-presses.
- The ELITE SX-S30 has an integrated FM tuner (antenna included) with 40 memory pre-sets. The RDS function displays song and program information.
- Pioneer’s proprietary MCACC technology measures the acoustic characteristics of the environment and how sound interacts with it. The system compensates for phase, reverb, speaker size and distance, and speaker output, and includes 4-Band EQ for subwoofer with Phase Control technology. MCACC then ensures that sounds of all frequencies arrive simultaneously so the listener is presented with a clear and accurate audio image.
- Pioneer Remote App facilitates streaming of any audio stored on smartphones, PCs, and media servers. With Spotify Connect and TuneIn built into the GUI, access to almost any music or internet radio programming is easy through the app, or navigate content through the TV display.