|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Star Trek' HD DVD to be Screened in Theaters
Tags: High-Def Disc Marketing, Star Trek, Paramount (all tags)
Mark your calendars, Trekkies! An episode from the upcoming HD DVD/DVD release of 'Star Trek: The Original Series' is headed to a theater near you.
As we've previously reported, 'Star Trek: The Original Series' will make its next-gen debut November 20 in a gargantuan HD DVD/DVD box set, featuring newly remastered picture and sound, all-new re-tooled special effects and tons of extras.
Now, as part of unique promotional campaign for the box set, Paramount Home Entertainment has announced plans to screen a classic episode from the HD DVD in select theaters nationwide on November 13, a full week before its scheduled release.
Nearly 300 theaters across the country are scheduled to take part, presenting the complete two-part episode "Menagerie," in full high-definition picture and sound. Each showing will also include a new taped introduction by Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry (son of the late 'Trek' creator Gene Roddenberry) and a 30-minute featurette that takes a behind the scenes look at the disc's remastering.
Alas, this big screen preview won't come free; tickets are being sold online at $12.50 a pop. For a full list of theater box offices and ordering information, visit www.FathomEvents.com.
- Related links:
- "Star Trek: The Original Series" Episode "The Menagerie" to be Presented in Special Big Screen Theatrical Event [Press Release]
- Participating Theaters and Ticket Information [Fathom Events]
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One (HD DVD)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Paramount Unveils 'Star Trek: The Original Series' HD DVD Details (Jul 26, 2007)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines: