Paramount has officially announced plans to bring the Academy Award-winning 'Braveheart' to Blu-ray in September.
The Mel Gibson epic will hit high-definition on September 1 as part of Paramount's new premium Blu-ray Sapphire Series line.
The 2-disc set will feature 1080p video, a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack, and over two hours of new content including:
• Interactive Timelines—Three distinct timelines featuring a combination of video, images, text and audio that can be accessed linearly or randomly.
o Production: A comprehensive chronology of the motion picture from conception through theatrical release, from a behind-the-scenes point of view.
o Historical: Chronological modules feature Scotland’s greatest patriot, along with historical places, figures and events surrounding his life and struggle.
o Fiction: A comprehensive timeline identifying the chronological events of the film.
• Braveheart: A Look Back— Features new interviews with members of the cast and crew reminiscing about their experiences making the film and its enduring impact on cinema.
• Smithfield: Medieval Killing Fields—Relates the remarkable history of Smithfield, which for centuries was regularly filled with the roars of crowds, regal fanfares and rowdy games. Smithfield is also known as the site of William Wallace’s execution, along with other terrifying spectacles when heretics, rebels and criminals were put to death.
• Battlefields of the Scottish Rebellion— Two major Scottish battlefields, Falkirk and Bannockburn, will be presented as 3D models that can be explored for further investigation into the military strategies and timetables employed in each. Topography, weapons, troop movements, and leadership data can also be accessed. An alternate playing mode will allow the story of each battle to unfold in an “automated” fashion, much like the interactive dioramas displayed at historical site museums around the world.
We also have a preview of the cover art for the release:
Suggested list price is $39.99.
You can find the latest specs for 'Braveheart' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under September 1.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Braveheart (Blu-ray)