|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Japanese Newspaper Says Panasonic Will Stop Making TVs – Panasonic Disagrees
Tags: Panasonic, iPad, Rumors and Speculation (all tags)
According to various sources, Panasonic is planning to switch its focus to iPad screens.
The HDTV market is a brutal one. A few different companies dominate the top spot in terms of quality and not all of them are even turning a profit. It's easy to see why, given the opportunity, a maker like Panasonic would take an out.
According to a Japanese business paper, Panasonic has been working with Apple to produce screens for the new iPad, which is apparently profitable enough a venture that the company could ditch TV production entirely.
Panasonic says that this report is "basically speculative" and that the articles "contain a number of errors of fact or misinterpretations." This wording indicates that while the articles aren't 100 percent correct, they're also not 100 percent wrong either. Perhaps Panasonic is only exiting the LCD market. It would be an absolute shame one of the very few companies that makes quality plasma TVs.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...