|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Panasonic Announces 2011 Plasma Dates and Pricing
Tags: Panasonic, Plasma, Price Announcement (all tags)
The company believes plasma can make a huge comeback, starting with this year's sets.
The folks over at Panasonic are big fans of plasma technology, a TV tech that's on a strong rebound after a few really rocky years. In the fourth quarter of 2010, Panasonic plasmas were up 10 percent year-to-year. That's a number that Panasonic is hoping to beat with its 2011 plasma line.
The VT30 is the high-end model of Panasonics new plasmas. It comes in 55 and 65 inch sizes with pricing at $2,799 and $4,299 respectively. In all, Panasonic is offering 12 plasmas that handle 1080p and 3D starting at a price of $1,099 for the 42 inch ST30.
Panasonic's S30 line is for those that want a 1080p resolution but don't need 3D added in to the mix. You can nab a 46 inch S30 for under $1,000 and $1,099 will get you a 50 inch set.
Those looking for the biggest sets at the lowest prices can check out the X3 line, which offers a 720p picture and a low price tag. The 42 inch X3 will retail at $599 while the 50 inch set comes in at $799.
Source: PR Newswire
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Gaming Deal: 'Fallout,' 'Fallout 2,' and 'Fallout Tactics' Free
- 'Fists of Legend' Dated for Blu-ray
- Custom Race and Deathmatch Creator Now a Free Part of 'Grand Theft Auto Online'
- Disney's 'The Pirate Fairy' Blu-ray Preorder Live and $5 Coupon!
- 'Nightmare City' Coming to Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...