|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Panasonic's New TV Records HD Shows to SD Cards
Tags: Panasonic (all tags)
It's hitting Japan in February, but there's no word on a stateside release.
Japan seems to be getting all the great stuff when it comes to recording TV. They can use their PS3s as DVRs and they've got TVs with Blu-ray recorders built right in. It never seems to come our way though.
The latest innovation that we're probably not going to see in the US any time soon is the Panasonic TH-L42G3, which lets you record full HD content onto an SD card. You can use SD, SDHC or SDXC cards, the latter of which can go up to 64GB.
That 64GB gets you plenty of recording time too. Panasonic says you'll get around five full hours of content at a 24Mbps bit rate.
The TH-L42G3 will be available to Japanese customers in February at a price of $1,800.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...