|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Donkey Kong Country Series to Be Pulled From EU Wii Virtual Console
Tags: Nintendo Wii (1 post), Wii U (37 posts) (all tags)
Scheduled takedown was revealed through an image leak that appeared on Twitter. The series has already disappeared from the US Virtual Console.
'Donkey Kong Country,' 'DKC 2: Diddy's Kong Quest' and 'DKC 3: Dixie Kong Double Trouble' are scheduled to disappear in EU on November 25. Prospective buyers may wish to purchase now suggests CVG.
US Wii owners have already missed their opportunity. Of course, anyone who has already purchased the titles will still have access. The reason(s) for the removal are speculative with no one theory seeming a likely truth. Theories include possible Wii U incompatibility, upcoming collection release, or Rare licensing conflict.
Bethesda recently pulled 'Doom 3' from Steam to promote 'Doom 3: BFG Edition' only to restore the listing after considerable fan ire had been voiced. Take-Two also recently pulled 'GTA: Vice City' from Steam, possibly due to a music licensing issue.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...