|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Class Action Lawsuit Against Walmart and Netflix Could Get You a Gift Card
Tags: Netflix, Walmart, Class Action Law Suits (all tags)
Netflix is fighting the charges, but Walmart is settling and offering gift cards to those they've (allegedly) wronged.
Remember back six or seven years ago when Walmart was in the DVD-by -mail business? According to a class action suit filed against the company, they dropped DVD-by-mail in an agreement with Netflix. Netflix, the suit alleges, agreed for its part to stop selling new release DVDs. If true, this arrangement is what made Netflix the sole provider of DVDs through the mail.
Netflix says that the case has no merit, and is going to be fighting it in court. Walmart, whether out of a desire to avoid a legal battle or fear that they'd lose, has agreed to a settlement.
If you subscribed to the Netflix DVD rental service any time between May 19, 2005 and Sept 2, 2011 you're eligible to be included in the settlement. Go on over to the case website and fill out a claim form for either a Walmart gift card or print out and send one to get cash.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More High-Def Disc News...