|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Netflix Will Lobby for Net Neutrality and the Lifting of Bandwidth Caps
Tags: Netflix, Net Neutrality, Bandwidth Caps (all tags)
Both issues could have big effects on the online streaming business.
Netflix was fairly active in political lobbying last year and they're going to be pushing hard in 2013. The company has outlined the issues it plans on focusing on in the coming year and you won't be too terribly surprised about what's been detailed.
The first big issue that Netflix is going to be pushing is net neutrality, asking to keep ISPs from restricting access to certain parts of the web, or giving preference to others. This especially a concern for companies like Comcast, who own content creators that compete with Netflix.
Second on the agenda is the issue of bandwidth caps, which limit the amount of data a customer is allowed to use. This kind of restriction keeps people from streaming as much as they otherwise might – obviously a big concern for Netflix.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...