|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Microsoft: “We’ll support Blu-ray”
Tags: Microsoft (all tags)
Amid rumors that Microsoft is in talks to add Blu-ray support to its Xbox 360 game console, CEO Steve Ballmer has indicated the company’s intention to support the remaining high-def format.
As reported by The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer took part in an onstage conversation at the company’s Mix08 Internet conference in Las Vegas Thursday, where the topics discussed included Microsoft’s high-def plans following the discontinuation of Toshiba’s HD DVD format.
Without offering specifics, Ballmer said the company will work to support Blu-ray.
“We've already been working on, for example, in Windows, device driver support for Blu-ray drives and the like,” Ballmer stated. “I think the world moves on. Toshiba has moved on. We've moved on, and we'll support Blu-ray in ways that make sense.”
- Related links:
- Ballmer lets out his inner Monkey at Mix08 event [Seattle PI]
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- HDD Deal of the Day: 'The Dark Knight Trilogy' Blu-ray $19.99 at Amazon
- Videogame Releases: Week of December 8th, 2013
- 'More Than Honey' Blu-ray Announced
- More High-Def Disc News...