|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Microsoft: “We’ll support Blu-ray”
Tags: Microsoft (all tags)
Amid rumors that Microsoft is in talks to add Blu-ray support to its Xbox 360 game console, CEO Steve Ballmer has indicated the company’s intention to support the remaining high-def format.
As reported by The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer took part in an onstage conversation at the company’s Mix08 Internet conference in Las Vegas Thursday, where the topics discussed included Microsoft’s high-def plans following the discontinuation of Toshiba’s HD DVD format.
Without offering specifics, Ballmer said the company will work to support Blu-ray.
“We've already been working on, for example, in Windows, device driver support for Blu-ray drives and the like,” Ballmer stated. “I think the world moves on. Toshiba has moved on. We've moved on, and we'll support Blu-ray in ways that make sense.”
- Related links:
- Ballmer lets out his inner Monkey at Mix08 event [Seattle PI]
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...