|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Marantz Introduces Two New Receivers to Replace Last Year's Flagship
Tags: Marantz, Receivers, AirPlay (all tags)
Both offer AirPlay functionality, internet radio streaming and more.
The two newest receivers from Marantz - the SR5006 and the SR6006 - are designed as replacements to last year's flagship SR7005. They both boast the definitive Marantz design and Ethernet connectivity that allows you to stream music from online radio stations. They also include AirPlay functionality right out of the box, so hooking up to your iPhone, iPod or iPad is simple.
The 6006 is at the top of the line and it offers quite a bit. You'll get 7.1 channels at 110 watts per channel. It offers Audyssey Dynamic Volume to keep the sound from spiking and the Marantz Dynamic Expander to take those MP3 files from you iPod and make them sound like uncompressed audio files. As you might expect, it also upscales content from SD to 1080p.
Marantz put plenty into the 5006 as well, though it loses 10 watts per channel and features only six HDMI inputs, instead of the seven inputs on the 6006.
Both receivers will be available in mid-July. The 6006 carries an MSRP of $1,199 while the 5006 comes in at $799
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...