James Cameron's science fiction masterpiece is set to arrive on both formats this fall.
James Cameron's epic action, sci-fi masterpiece starring Schwarzenegger in his most iconic role, has been stunningly restored by Cameron himself. First hitting our screens in 1991 with ground-breaking special effects, this version will take the seminal blockbuster to the next level of effects and into the 21st century for a new generation of fans.
It has been 10 years since the events of Terminator. Sarah Connor's ordeal is only just beginning as she struggles to protect her son John, the future leader of the human resistance against the machines, from a new Terminator, sent back in time to eliminate John Connor while he's still a child.
Sarah and John don't have to face this terrifying threat alone however. The human resistance have managed to send them an ally, a warrior from the future ordered to protect John Connor at any cost.
The battle for tomorrow has begun…
The releases will feature DTS:X soundtracks and supplements for the Blu-ray 3D include:
- BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION AND 3D REMASTER of the film supervised by director James Cameron
- NEW T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
- Two feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
- The making of T2 –1993
- Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director's Cut and Special extended edition
- Two Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
- NEW T2: 3D trailer (2017)
- Original legacy trailers: T2 theatrical trailer 'This time there are two', 'Same make new mission', Building the perfect Arnold
- AND MORE...
UPDATE: The Blu-ray 3D has only been confirmed for the UK so far and an official announcement has yet to be made for the U.S.
Supplements for the 4K Blu-ray UHD include:
- BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION of the film supervised by director James Cameron
- NEW "T2: Reprogramming the Terminator" 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
- Two Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher
- "The Making of T2" 30 Minute Featurette
- Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
- Two Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
- Original Trailers
There will also be a Limited Collector's Edition featuring a life-sized Terminator EndoArm. Each unit includes a uniquely numbered sticker, featuring the signature of writer-director James Cameron and will have a suggested list price of $174.99.
You can find the latest specs for 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 3D' and 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule and 4K UHD Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it is indexed under October 3.