|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
LG is Bringing a 55" OLED Display to CES
Tags: LG, OLED, CES 2012 (all tags)
We can only hope that this living room sized prototype will bring the company one step closer to a nice big consumer OLED.
If you've been paying attention to HDTVs over the last few years, you're familiar with the great potential of OLED sets. Of course, you're also probably jaded over the fact that we've not seen one reasonable OLED on the market yet. Tiny TVs price in the multiple thousands of dollars aren't exactly exciting.
LG's new prototype offers a little hope as far as mainstream OLED displays go. To start with, it's not ridiculously small like most OLEDs. It's a 55" display - a popular size that fits nicely in most living rooms.
LG uses an Oxide TFT manufacturing process in the making of these new OLED which they say requires a significantly smaller investment than the way folks have been doing OLED in the past. That means that we're looking at a nice step forward to a reasonably sized and reasonably priced OLED TV.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...