|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Iron Man' Blu-ray Hits BD-Live Snag
Following user reports of BD-Live connectivity problems with this week's Blu-ray release of 'Iron Man,' Paramount has released a statement regarding the status of the disc's functionality issues.
Released this past Tuesday to big sales, the heavy traffic that resulted as users attempted access the Blu-ray's online BD-Live materials has apparently resulted in large traffic jams, with some consumers completely unable to download content. Paramount issued the following statement:
"The Iron Man Blu-ray went on sale Tuesday and due to the overwhelming popularity of the release an unprecedented demand was placed on the BD-Live connection. The disc represents a truly state-of-the art Blu-ray presentation with a first of its kind BD-Live application. As such, the heavy amount of traffic strained the servers due to so many people heading to the same destination.
The bandwidth capacity was increased in preparation for the release but the demand exceeded all expectations so capacity was expanded dramatically last night and local servers were established worldwide to accommodate all the fans. The issue should be completely resolved but if anyone experiences a brief traffic jam, we have provided consumers with a menu option during disc startup that allows them to go directly to the movie main menu or continue to download the BD-Live features."
We'll keep you posted on any further developments in this story as they come to us.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Iron Man (2008) (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More High-Def Disc News...