|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Intel's Internet Based TV Project Confirmed and Launching This Year
Tags: Intel, Internet TV (all tags)
Intel plans to succeed in doing something that no one else has been able to pull off.
Though there's little to no supply currently, the demand for an alternative to traditional cable and satellite offerings is high. There have been attempts from companies like Microsoft to get an internet based service going and they've fallen flat every time. Despite that, Intel is aiming for the sky.
"We have been working for around a year now to setup Intel Media -- it's a new division that includes a lot of people from outside of the company," says Intel GM Erik Huggers. "It's an over-the-top service, delivering network channels, pay-TV channels, catch-up television, on-demand, and a host of applications."
Intel isn't doing an a la carte service, but Huggers did say that we can expect to see more customizable bundles. There was no word on an exact launch date, but Intel is planning on debuting the service this year.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...