|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Soundbar Sales Skyrocket in 2012
Tags: Soundbars, Industry Trends (all tags)
Compared to 2011, soundbars saw an 82 percent increase in sales at retail.
More and more people are starting to embrace the need for improved sound instead of simply sticking with the speakers already present on their TV sets. Not all of them are buying full-on 7.1 channel systems though – an increasing number of people are spending on soundbars.
Compared to the previous year, soundbar sales were up 82 percent in 2012. Fourth quarter 2012 compared to the same time period in 2011 is even more drastic, with a 126 percent increase.
Quixel Research, which crunched the numbers for this report, counts variety and availability as prime sales motivators. Customers are free to get a cheap soundbar at Walmart, step up to something with a bit more quality and a subwoofer, or even spend on luxury sound.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...