|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
NPD: XBox 360 HD DVD Player Sales Hit 269K
Tags: Industry Trends, Microsoft, Xbox 360 (all tags)
Life-to-date sales of the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on hit 269,000 in November, representing a 3.4% attach rate to the 360 console itself.
That's according to leading market researcher NPD Group, which released its November video game sales data late Thursday.
The newly-released data would seem to lend further insight to earlier numbers released by the HD DVD Promotions Group, which reported total sales of all dedicated HD DVD players (including the Xbox 360 add-on) at 750,000 players through November 25. The earlier numbers did not break out sales of the add-on vs sales of standalone HD DVD player sales.
November saw steep inclines across the board in the video game market, with sales of software, hardware and peripherals growing by 52% over last year's numbers. Game accessories alone accounted for $243 million in revenue.
- Related links:
- NPD November Numbers [Gamesutra]
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- HD DVD Promo Group: HD DVD Player Sales Top 750,000 (Nov 27, 2007)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...