|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Image to Power Up High-Def DVD Strategy
Tags: Industry Forecasts, Image Entertainment (all tags) One of the leading distributors of DVD programming including the Criterion Collection, Image Entertainment is gearing up to bring its growing library of titles to high-def DVD, reports Home Media Retailing.
Image currently controls a library of more than 1,600 DVD titles, including feature films, music videos, classic TV series and special interest programming. They also handle distribution duties for the 290-title Criterion Collection.
To spearhead their aggressive high-def DVD plans, the company has tapped one of the key lieutenants to the father of DVD. John Powers, one-time VP of DVD market development for Warner Home Video when president Warren Lieberfarb was masterminding the launch of the format, has been tapped to pilot Image's high-def sales marketing efforts.
"John was a key driving force behind the successful launch of DVD, and we cannot think of anyone more qualified to lead our charge into high-definition, furthering the value of our catalog," Image president David Borshell told HMR.
Image has yet to announce their first high-def DVD release on either the HD DVD or Blu-ray formats; further announcements on the company's future high-def strategy is expected later this year.
- Related links:
- Image Adds Powers for HD Strategy [Home Media Retailing]
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...