|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Fox Announces Specs, Adds Unrated Cut to 'Meet the Spartans' Blu-ray
Tags: High-Def Disc Marketing, Fox (all tags)
Fox has unveiled updated specs and box art for 'Meet the Spartans,' which will hit Blu-ray this June in an "Unrated Pit of Death Edition' with never-before seen footage.
Fox first announced a June 3 Blu-ray premier for the $40 million-grossing medieval spoof (day-and-date with the standard DVD), though early indications were that the film would be presented in its original theatrical version only.
The studio has now issued the full media release for 'Meet the Spartans,' which it says will also feature an 87-minute Unrated version with material too racy for theaters. The BD-25 single-layer presentation boasts 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround (48kHz/24-bit), plus French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and subtitle tracks.
Extras shared between both the Blu-ray and DVD include audio commentary with the cast and crew, a pair of featurettes ("Meet the Spartans: The Music" and "Prepare for Thrusting"), "Know Your Spartans Pop Culture" trivia game, gag reel, a set tour, and theatrical trailers.
Finally, Fox has unveiled a high-res peek at the Blu-ray box art for 'Meet the Spartans':
As previously announced, Fox has set the suggested retail price at $39.98 for the Blu-ray.
You'll find final specs for 'Meet the Spartans' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under June 3.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Meet the Spartans (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Meet the Spartans' Headed to Blu-ray (Mar 31, 2008)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' Blu-ray Announced
- 'The Best of Bogart Collection' Dated for Blu-ray
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- More High-Def Disc News...