|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Departed,' 'Casino Royale' Nab Home Entertainment Award Honors
Tags: High-Def Disc Awards, High-Def Retailing (all tags)
'The Departed' and 'Casino Royale' were the big high-def winners at this year's Entertainment Merchants Association's Home Entertainment Awards, announced last night at the Home Media Expo in Las Vegas.
'The Departed' scored with two awards, including HD DVD Title of the Year as well as DVD Rental Title of the Year, while 'Casino Royale' took home Blu-ray Title of the Year honors.
Earning the Hall of Fame Award was Warner's 'Casablanca,' currently available on both HD DVD and standard-def DVD.
This year marked the first to see the the Entertainment Merchants Association hand out awards for high-def formats. Eligible titles were released between April 1, 2006 and March 31, 2007. An EMA committee picked categories and nominees, and the winners were determined by EMA retail and distributor members.
Home Media Magazine has the complete list of award winners.
- Related links:
- 'Cars' Takes Off With Three Home Entertainment Awards [Home Media Magazine]
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- The Departed (Combo Edition) (HD DVD)
- Casino Royale (2006) (Blu-ray)
- Casablanca (HD DVD)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...