|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
HD Penetration Reaches 60 Percent, but 3DTVs Still Lukewarm
Tags: HD TVs, 3D TVs, High-Def Retailing, Industry Trends (all tags)
Despite the growing number of 3D televisions hitting shelves, interest is low.
If you're still not excited about the prospect of 3D television you're not alone. A recent poll by the Leichtman Research Group revealed that only eight percent of respondents were at all interested in buying a 3D TV.
HD penetration has shown marked improvement over the last five years though, coming to a total of 60 percent of homes in 2010. In fact, 26 percent of homes are equipped with multiple HD sets. A promising 18 percent of people said that they're planning on buying a new TV in the next year, which could be very good for 3D TV manufacturers if leveraged properly.
"With modest consumer demand for 3D-capable TVs, the potential growth of 3DTV will rely on a continued push of 3DTV by manufacturers and retailers," says head researcher Bruce Leichtman.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...