|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
HBO and Universal Renew Pay Window Deal Until 2022
Tags: HBO, Universal, Pay TV Window (all tags)
Streaming services may be popular, but Universal is sticking with the traditional approach.
HBO has had rights to Universal's movies during the pay TV window – that's the point between Blu-ray release and the point that the movie is able to be put on TV – for some time now. Earlier this week, the company confirmed that this is going to keep on going. The deal now extends to 2022.
"With HBO’s far-reaching network of premium services, ranging from the traditional in-home experience to its mobile applications, we are pleased to continue this relationship," says Universal chairman Rick Finkelstein. "With our upcoming slate of films, HBO will continue to offer outstanding film content to their already vast library of movies, specials and award-winning original programming."
Source: New York Post
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- LG's Gesture and Speech Recognition Technology Receives UL Certification
- Turn 10 Plans to Overall Both Credit Payouts and Car Prices in 'Forza 5'
- 'Sabrina (1954)' Announced for Blu-ray
- DirecTV Considers Online Video Service
- The Wii U's Biggest Title to Date Combines Cats with Mario
- More High-Def Disc News...