|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
NCsoft is Working on a Console Version of 'Guild Wars 2'
Tags: Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, NCSoft, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, MMORPGs (all tags)
The trend of formerly PC exclusive titles making their way to consoles continues with the soon to be released MMORPG.
There are some games that have traditionally been PC only. It's not about exclusivity deals or marketing, but an issue of control schemes. Without a mouse and keyboard, titles like 'Diablo' and 'Command and Conquer' just haven't played well.
As of recently though, big name developers are giving consoles another go. Blizzard has announced that 'Diablo III' will be coming to consoles and now NCsoft says that a console version of 'Guild Wars 2' will be launched. The primary focus, they say, is still on the PC version.
'Guild Wars 2' will not have a monthly fee, which will certainly make it more palatable to the console audience, but it's the control scheme that could make or break the game.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...