|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
"The walls between marketing and licensing are starting to fall" The Hunger Games Adventures on Facebook
The CEO behind "'The Hunger Games Adventures' Facebook game "changing the way that Hollywood does business."
In an article by GamesIndustry International, Sam Glassenberg, CEO of Funtactix, developer of "The Hunger Games Adventures," explains why console adaptations of big films have dwindled over the last seven years, "The old model was marketing would go and invest in cheesy advergames for the movie that nobody cared about, and licensing would run out and try to license some big console game."
He then went on to explain how his studio's game reflected the new model, "You're creating something that's a revenue-generating profitable product on its own, but at the same time, it's the ultimate marketing tool. Because not only does it market the movie, it markets everything that comes after and keeps the audience engaged."
According to GI.biz, "'The Hunger Games Adventures' boasts more than 200,000 players, and is currently the fifth highest rated adventure game app on Facebook."
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...