|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Fox Promises Expanded Blu-ray Support in 2008
Tags: Fox (all tags)
Fox Home Entertainment kicked off a two-day Blu-ray media event in Los Angeles with a bang Monday, pledging a strong Blu-ray release slate for 2008 that could hit as high as 100 new titles.
Although the studio declined to list specific titles, Fox reps said that they intended to support releases of A-list Blu-ray titles day-and-date with the Standard DVD "when we can."
The announcement can only be seen as good news for Blu-ray fans, following a six-month drought earlier this year that left some questioning the studio's commitment to next-gen media. (At press time, the studio's total release count for 2007 was 44, including titles it distributes under the MGM label.)
Fox's pledge came on the first day of a Blu-ray press event dubbed the "Blu-ray Festival." The two-day event includes sessions with several other Blu-ray supporting companies, including Disney, Sony, Panasonic and the Blu-ray Disc Association itself.
Watch for more news from the Blu-ray Festival later today.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...