|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Fox Plans Profile 1.1 'Sunshine' Blu-ray For Q1 2008
Tags: Fox, Disc Announcements (all tags)
Fox Home Entertainment revealed Monday that it will issue its first Profile 1.1 title in early 2008, a feature-packed Blu-ray release of 'Sunshine.'
Although the studio has yet to set an official street date for the title, it's promising a Q1 release for the Danny Boyle ('28 Days Later,' 'Trainspotting') ensemble thriller.
As Fox's first announced Profile 1.1 title, 'Sunshine' seems poised to be most technologically advanced Blu-ray release yet. Not only will the disc feature a dual-stream picture-in-picture commentary (which the studio is dubbing "enhanced viewing mode"), but it will also include a first-ever "surround sound mixing" feature.
Note that these two features will only be accessible via Profile 1.1 compliant players, but Fox says the disc itself (and all other supplements) will be compatible with all Blu-ray players.
Other planned features include multiple audio commentaries, a video diary, featurettes, a subtitle fact track, a searchable content index, and a D-Box enhanced audio track.
Tech specs include a 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 transfer, plus DTS-HD Master Audio. The studio has set a list price of $39.98.
While we await an official street date announcement from Fox, we've added 'Sunshine' to the "Release Dates Pending" section of our Blu-ray Release Schedule.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- 28 Days Later (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- Universal to Donate Portion of Proceeds from FAST 6 to Paul Walker's Charity
- 'Peggle 2' Coming to the Xbox One Next Week
- More High-Def Disc News...