|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn' Benchmark Test Released
Tags: Final Fantasy (12 posts) (all tags)
The benchmarking tool is part machine test and part content tease.
As the MMORPG 'Final Fantasy XIV' continues its attempts to retool and recapture the success of 'Final Fantasy XI,' Square Enix has released an official benchmark ahead of the game's re-launch.
Unlike many PC benchmarks, however, Square Enix has warned that "depending on your system’s resident software and hardware, it is possible that FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn may not run optimally, even if your computer meets the minimum system requirements. We therefore recommend using this benchmark software to check your system before purchasing the product."
Fortunately for PC enthusiasts, the benchmark goes beyond the MMO's typical 1280 x 720 resolution up to 1980 x 1080. Unfortunately for users of dual and triple graphics cards, the benchmark does not support SLI or CrossFireX. Support is, however, planned for the game's release.
The game's closed Beta is expected to begin next week.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Muppet Movie: The Original Classic – The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition' Dated for Blu-ray
- Poll: What Did You Think of 'Star Trek into Darkness'?
- 'Solomon Kane' Blu-ray Announced
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- More High-Def Disc News...