|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Sony Unveils BD-Live Extras for 'Walk Hard' Blu-ray
Tags: Exclusive HD Content, Industry Trends, Sony (all tags)
Sony has revealed the extras for its first-ever BD-Live release 'Walk Hard,' which will include a trio of new featurettes to be made available exclusively via download.
As we first reported yesterday, Sony announced plans to launch a firmware upgrade for the PlayStation 3 in late March that will add BD-Live support (among other new interactive features), making the console the first Blu-ray player on the market to be fully Profile 2.0-enabled.
To help kick-off the upgrade, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment also announced it would be adding network connected features to two of its upcoming Blu-ray releases (both due April 6), 'Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story' and 'The 6th Day,' although they stopped short of issuing any specifics.
The studio has now revealed what those extra goodies will be on 'Walk Hard.' Sony says that concurrent with the disc's official street date, users will be able to download three "mini-featurettes" with star Bill Hader in character as Derek Stone, a historian and expert "Coxologist." These extras will be available exclusively via BD-Live. (Sony has not yet revealed the BD-Live supplements for the 'The 6th Day,' but we'll keep you posted.)
Previously-announced extras for the 'Walk Hard' Blu-ray boast audio commentary with Apatow, director Jake Kasdan, and stars John C. Reilly & Lew Morton; six making-of featurettes ("The Making of Walk Hard," "The Music of Walk Hard," "The Real Dewey Cox," "Tyler Nilson: A Cockumentary," "Bull On the Loose," "The Last Word with John Hodgman"); an additional "Last Interview with Dewey Cox,"; deleted & extended scenes; additional full song performances and song demos; a mock "A Christmas Song with Dewey Cox" music video; "Cox Sausage Commercials" with outtakes; and a "Line-O-Rama."
Tech specs include 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround and subtitle tracks in English and French.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray has been set at $43.95.
You'll find updated specs for 'Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under April 8.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (Blu-ray)
- The 6th Day (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- PS3 BD-Live Firmware and Blu-ray Discs Due This Month (Mar 20, 2008)
- First Look: 'Walk Hard' Blu-ray Art (Feb 15, 2008)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More High-Def Disc News...