|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Emo Labs Changes Name to ClearView Audio – New Products Coming at CES
Tags: ClearView Audio, Emo Labs (all tags)
It's been a while since we've heard anything from the company that came up with "invisible" speakers.
If you've been following the HD gear scene for a while you may remember a company called Emo Labs. A little over three years ago the folks at Emo Labs came up with a brand new speaker technology designed to take things in a different direction. Instead of traditional speakers, Emo Labs used a screen protector like film that vibrates and sends sound outward. From an audio quality standpoint, the company said that this beat traditional TV and laptop speakers. It would also allow manufacturers to slim down their TVs even more thanks to the exclusion of speakers.
After that big announcement, the company disappeared – until now. Emo Labs has rebranded as ClearView and will be showing new products at CES 2013. The company says that its recently acquired funding will go towards developing products for the consumer market. According to the press release, the focus is still on these unique Edge Motion speakers.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More High-Def Disc News...