|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
The Ingredient Store: Double Fine, EA The Latest to Eye a THQ Franchise
Tags: THQ, Double Fine, EA (all tags)
Unlike the big publishers, Double Fine may be thinking 'Homeworld' or even 'Red Faction.'
With only eleven days from the scheduled THQ piecemeal ("title by title") auction, Double Fine has stepped forward in an apparent play to grab a down-and-out but otherwise well-known franchise from THQ.
As with the majority of reports following the THQ proceedings, the news comes via Distressed Debt Investing's Twitter feed. Earlier in the week, the same feed shed light on a series of visits by EA to various THQ studios, which are still working on games regardless of demands by multiple parties including Warner Bros. and EA to bring THQ's bankruptcy towards an end of operations ruling, thereby necessitating the piecemeal auction.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...