Dolby Institute & Soundworks Collection Present "Conversations with Sound Artists: 2017 Oscar Editon" Podcast SeriesPosted Wed Feb 15, 2017 at 04:00 PM PST by Steven Cohen
Check out these podcast conversations with the artists nominated for Best Achievement in Sound Editing and Best Achievement in Sound Mixing Oscars.
The Dolby Institute and the SoundWorks Collection have teamed up to present a series of podcast conversations with the 2017 Best Achievement in Sound Editing and Best Achievement in Sound Mixing Academy Award nominees.
The Sound Editing award recognizes the artists responsible for creating the actual sounds in a film. Meanwhile, the Sound Mixing award focuses on the artists who then blend and balance those sounds with a film's dialogue and music, and place the sounds spatially around the cinema. Each podcast episode features Glenn Kiser from the Dolby Institute as he sits down with the various nominees, offering details on how they achieved their audio goals for each project.
Here's a rundown of the talent featured in each podcast:
· Production Sound Mixer Steve Morrow, Supervising Sound Editors Ai-Ling Lee and Mildred Iatrou - 'La La Land'
· Supervising Sound Editor Sylvain Bellemare and Mixer Bernard Gariépy Strobl - 'Arrival'
· Supervising Sound Editor Renée Tondelli - 'Deepwater Horizon'
· First time nominees Robert Mackenzie and Andy Wright - 'Hacksaw Ridge'
· Alan Murray - 'Sully'
· Mixers Greg Russell, Gary Summers, and Jeffrey Haboush - '13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi'
The new "Conversations with Sound Artists: 2017 Oscar Editon" podcasts are now available through Dolby.com or through iTunes, Stitcher, and Soundcloud.
Likewise, the "Conversations with Sound Artists: 2016 Oscar Edition" podcasts with the artists behind 'Sicario,' 'Mad Max: Fury Road,' and 'The Revenant' are also available. And be sure to check out Season 1 and Season 2 of "Conversations with Sound Artists" for even more audio insights.