|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Disney Says No to 'Lost,' 'Badder Santa' on Blu-ray
Tags: Disney (all tags)
In a late-breaking update, Disney Home Entertainment says that contrary to recent reports, the studio is not planning to release either 'Lost: The Complete Third Season' or 'Badder Santa' on Blu-ray this fall.
Earlier this week, the studio sent out an announcement to retailers for an Unrated Version of 'Badder Santa' on November 20. This announcement was picked up by several DVD news sites (including High-Def Digest).
That report was followed today by a major news story that originated at The Hollywood Reporter, outlining the studio's plans for TV-on-DVD releases for the coming year, which indicated a Blu-ray release of 'Lost: The Complete Third Season' would arrive December 11.
Both releases seemed like great news for Blu-ray fans, but alas, Disney has just informed us that despite any earlier statements attributed to the studio, neither release is currently scheduled for high-def release. They also reiterated that they are Blu-ray exclusive studio, and have no plans to support HD DVD at this time (a recent IMDB report suggested otherwise).
Given the news, we've removed both 'Badder Santa' and 'Lost' from our Blu-ray Release Schedule. We'll certainly keep you posted if/when either title ends up being confirmed by the studio in the future.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Lost' to Make Blu-ray Debut This December (May 31, 2007)
- 'Badder Santa' to Make Unrated Debut on Blu-ray (May 30, 2007)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' Blu-ray Announced
- 'The Best of Bogart Collection' Dated for Blu-ray
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- More High-Def Disc News...