The Discovery Channel is set to hit the high seas next month with the next-gen disc debut of its hit series, 'Deadliest Catch.'
Hot on the heels of strong sales for its dual-format releases of 'Planet Earth' (the re-edited and re-scored US Version) and 'Sunrise Earth,' Discovery will release Blu-ray and HD DVD editions of 'Deadliest Catch: Season 3,' which culls all twelve episodes of the series' third season, chronicling the lives of crab fisherman off the Alaskan coast on the icy Bering Sea.
Like Discovery's earlier titles, 'Deadliest Catch' will be sold exclusively by The Discovery Channel Store, which recently listed both next-gen editions online with a release date of February 4, 2008. (At press time, both titles carried a $59.95 price tag.)
Tech and supplement specs for 'Deadliest Catch' are minimal, with the four-disc set presenting all twelve episodes in 1080i video and Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio. There are no announced supplements
We've also set up dedicated threads for Discovery Channel's latest in our Forums area -- click the following links to discuss the 'Deadliest Catch' Blu-ray release and the 'Deadliest Catch' HD DVD release.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Deadliest Catch: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
- Sunrise Earth: American Sunrises Vol 1 (Blu-ray)
- Planet Earth (US Version) (Blu-ray)
- Deadliest Catch: Season 3 (HD DVD)
- Sunrise Earth: American Sunrises Vol 1 (HD DVD)
- Planet Earth (US Version) (HD DVD)