Well, that didn't take long. A week after its initial release, '300' has eclipsed all previous releases to become the fastest and highest selling high-def disc yet.
According to Warner Home Video, more than 250,000 copies of the CGI epic have been sold to consumers on Blu-ray and HD DVD.
In a press release issued this morning, the studio boasts that '300' now joins five other Warner titles in the top ten best selling high definition titles -- a list that includes 'The Departed,' 'Superman Returns,' 'Planet Earth - The Complete BBC Series,' 'Batman Begins,' and 'Happy Feet.'
The studio was quick to point to its dual-format support as the reason for its success. "This phenomenal response to '300’'is the latest proof that our approach makes the most sense in today’s market and has enabled Warner Home Video to continue to lead the market in high definition sales," said Ron Sanders, President of Warner Home Video.
Warner says it now has a more than 30% market share of high-def disc sales thanks to its dual-format strategy.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- 300 (Blu-ray)
- The Departed (Blu-ray)
- Superman Returns (Discontinued) (Blu-ray)
- Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series (Blu-ray)
- Happy Feet (Blu-ray)
- 300 (HD DVD)
- The Departed (Combo Edition) (HD DVD)
- Superman Returns (Combo Edition) (HD DVD)
- Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series (HD DVD)
- Batman Begins (HD DVD)
- Happy Feet (Combo Edition) (HD DVD)