|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Warner Unveils 'Matrix' HD DVD Specs
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
As first announced Wednesday, Warner will be bringing two fully-loaded 'Matrix' box sets to HD DVD on May 22. Today, they have unveiled the complete spec listing via this press release, and it is a whopper.
Both releases include all three Matrix movies -- 'The Matrix,' 'Matrix Reloaded' and 'Matrix Revolutions' -- plus extensive bonus features.
The 'Ultimate Collection' in particular is a mammoth enterprise, comprising four double-sided discs containing over 35 hours of bonus materials.
Warner has set a suggested $99.95 list price for 'The Complete Matrix Trilogy,' and $119.95 for 'The Ultimate Matrix Collection.'
As previously reported, no Blu-ray version has yet been scheduled. However, Warner has confirmed that they plan to issue a counterpart Blu-ray release later this year. The lag is said to be due to continued production delays with the Blu-ray format's BD-Java interactive environment (which will be required to bring the Matrix box sets' many high-def-exclusive bonus features to life). We'll certainly keep you posted.
Both 'Matrix' box sets have been added to our complete HD DVD Release Schedule under May 22.
- Related links:
- 'Ultimate Matrix Collection' Press Release [High-Def Digest]
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'The Matrix' Trilogy Comes to HD DVD (Mar 21, 2007)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...