|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
National Geographic to Go 'Extreme' on Blu-ray
Tags: Disc Announcements, National Geographic, IMAX, Warner (all tags)
National Geographic has announced an early-November Blu-ray debut for the IMAX feature 'Extreme.'
Captured entirely in the IMAX large-screen format, 'IMAX: Extreme' displays some of the most incredible feats of extreme sporting ever seen on film, including astonishing displays of snowboarding, windsurfing, and rock climbing.
Distributed via Warner Home Video, 'Extreme' will debut on Blu-ray November , day-and-date with the standard DVD.
Tech details for the high-def version include a BD-25 single-layer presentation, with 1080p/VC-1 video and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround audio and subtitles (in English, French and Spanish).
There are currently no announced supplements, but we'll keep you posted as we receive future spec updates.
Suggested retail for the Blu-ray has been set at $28.95.
You'll find complete specs for 'IMAX: Extreme' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under November 4.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- IMAX: Extreme (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' Blu-ray Announced
- 'The Best of Bogart Collection' Dated for Blu-ray
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- More High-Def Disc News...