|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Medium Cool' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
Tags: Criterion, Disc Announcements (all tags)
Haskell Wexler's 1969 political film starring Robert Forster is bound for Blu-ray in May.
In an early announcement to retailers, Criterion has revealed 'Medium Cool' will hit Blu-ray on May 21.
It’s 1968, and the whole world is watching. With the U.S. in social upheaval, famed cinematographer Haskell Wexler decided to make a film about what the hell was going on. His debut feature, 'Medium Cool,' plunges us into that moment.
The Blu-ray features a new 4k high-definition digital restoration, an uncompressed mono soundtrack, and supplements include: Two audio commentaries, one featuring Wexler, actor Marianna Hill, and editor Paul Golding, the other featuring historian Paul Cronin; New interview with Wexler; Look Out Haskell, It's Real!, a fifty-five-minute documentary about the making of Medium Cool, produced by Cronin and featuring interviews with Wexler, Golding, actors Verna Bloom,; Peter Bonerz, and Robert Forster, Chicago historian Studs Terkel, and others; Excerpts from Sooner or Later, a documentary by Cronin about Harold Blankenship, who plays the adolescent Harold in the film; Original theatrical trailer; and a booklet featuring an essay by film critic and programmer Thomas Beard.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $39.95.
You can find the latest specs for 'Medium Cool' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under May 21.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Medium Cool (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...