|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Red Dwarf X' Announced for Blu-ray
Tags: BBC, Disc Announcements (all tags)
Six episodes from the returning cult series are bound for Blu-ray in January.
In an early announcement to retailers, Warner Brothers/BBC is preparing 'Red Dwarf X' for a Blu-ray release on January 8.
The most inept band of space travelers ever to roam the interstellar highway; return with an all-new season of misadventures! The brand new series, written and directed by Doug Naylor, begins with the Dwarfers mining ship still creaking though the wastelands of unchartered deep space, but the posse soon stumbles upon the mysteriously abandoned SS Trojan. As they inspect the ship Rimmer receives an SOS distress call from an old foe and is suddenly faced with the dilemma of his life. 'Red Dwarf X' reunites the much loved original cast of Chris Barrie (Rimmer), Craig Charles (Lister), Danny John-Jules (Cat) and Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) and promises to be a huge hit amongst the Sci Fi sitcom’s cult following of devoted fans.
The release will include six episodes on 2 BD-50 Blu-ray discs. Specs and supplements have yet to be revealed.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $39.98.
You can find the latest specs for 'Red Dwarf X' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it is indexed under January 8.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Red Dwarf X (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...