|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Chasing Mavericks' Blu-ray Announced
Tags: 20th Century Fox, Disc Announcements (all tags)
Surf's up! High-definition will be hanging ten on a totally gnarly wave this February!.
In an early announcement to retailers, 20th Century Fox is preparing 'Chasing Mavericks' for Blu-ray on February 26.
'Chasing Mavericks' is the inspirational true story of real life surfing phenom Jay Moriarity (played by newcomer Jonny Weston). When 15 year old Jay discovers that the mythic Mavericks surf break, one of the biggest waves on Earth, is not only real, but exists just miles from his Santa Cruz home, he enlists the help of local legend Frosty Hesson (played by Gerard Butler) to train him to survive it. As Jay and Frosty embark on their quest to accomplish the impossible, they form a unique friendship that transforms both their lives, and their quest to tame Mavericks becomes about far more than surfing. 'Chasing Mavericks' was made with the help of some of the biggest names in the surfing world, and features some of the most mind-blowing real wave footage ever captured on film.
The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements will include: Audio Commentary with Michael Apted, Brandon Hooper and Jim Meenaghan; Deleted Scenes; Theatrical Trailer; and Sneak Peek.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $29.99.
You can find the latest specs for 'Chasing Mavericks' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under February 26.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Chasing Mavericks (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Blu-ray Highlights: Week of May 19th, 2013
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Up for Pre-Order!
- 'The Earrings of Madame de...' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'The Beatles - Help!' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'The Office: Season Nine' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...