|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Satellite Services Adding "Free HD For Life"
Tags: DIRECTV, Dish Network (all tags)
But will getting rid of fees make a difference to potential subscribers?
DirecTV and DISH Network are back at it again, this time dropping fees to make their services more attractive. And that's cool, there's no question about it. Cheaper HD is always a nice thing.
And high definition programming is what the new promotions are all about. Both of the companies are boasting "Free HD for life," which eliminates the fees formerly associated with HD channels, assuming you enable auto bill pay on your account.
One of the potential problems with the deal is that it's waiving fees people may not have known about in the first place. If someone wasn't aware that they'd be charged a premium for HD, for example, all this is doing is letting them know that the fee existed.
Is it enough to get people to switch from their current service to a satellite service? We'll see.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...