|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
CALM Goes In Effect Today – Commercials are Getting Quieter
Tags: CALM Act, Commercials (all tags)
It's been a long time coming, but commercials are finally getting toned down.
So there you are, watching your favorite show. You're really invested in the plot that's unfolding – the main character is going through some sort of emotional trauma and you're on the edge of tears. Then bam, a commercial comes on that's so loud it jolts you out of your mood. Commercials are interruption enough, but when they're significantly louder than the show you're watching, they can be downright infuriating.
The Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act, otherwise known as CALM, is in effect as of today. This requires that ads be brought down to a level that's manageable and won't blow out your eardrums unexpectedly. The CALM act has no influence on the quality of ads though, so expect more talking babies and anthropomorphized animals.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...