|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Does Comcast/NBC Universal Merger Mean Higher Cable Prices?
Tags: Comcast, NBC, Cable, Universal, Industry Trends (all tags)
Cable prices could go up faster than ever thanks to the Comcast/NBC Universal merger according to Alexander Per, an economist working at CBSaver.
If you're paying for cable, then you know the pain of shelling out money for the service every month. Cable bills often surpass heating, electricity, phone, and even car payments in some households. It's a lot of money to spend, and it's only going to increase.
Alexander Per, who works for the bill negotiation site CBSaver, says that the recent deal between Comcast and NBC could accelerate this increase. He says that since Comcast's negotiations didn't include any commitment to limit rate increases, we're bound to see something big soon.
Cable rates have been going up faster than everything else we buy, according to Per. "We are talking about 100%-plus growth in the cost of cable in past decade and it is has only just begun," he says.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Doki-Doki Universe' Out Now for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita
- Poll: How Will You See 'The Desolation of Smaug' This Weekend?
- 'The Slumber Party Massacre' Blu-ray Dated
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- More High-Def Disc News...