|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
HD DVD Promo Group Cancels CES Press Conference
Tags: CES 2008 (all tags)
It was among the most highly anticipated press events of this year's Consumer Electronics Show, but following today's announcement from Warner Home Video, this Sunday's press conference from the HD DVD Promotions Group has been cancelled.
Organizers sent out a note to members of the media and invited guests late Friday, attributing the cancellation to the timing of Warner's announcement. A rep for the group told us this evening that the press conference will not be rescheduled, but that the group will still have a presence at the show from its booth on the convention floor.
The full text of the HD DVD Promo Group's email follows below:
Based on the timing of the Warner Home Video announcement today, we have decided to postpone our CES 2008 press conference scheduled for Sunday, January 6th at 8:30 p.m. in the Wynn Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We are currently discussing the potential impact of this announcement with the other HD DVD partner companies and evaluating next steps. We believe the consumer continues to benefit from HD DVD’s commitment to quality and affordability – a bar that is critical for the mainstream success of any format.
We’ll continue to keep you updated on new developments around HD DVD.
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Breaking: Warner Goes Blu-ray Exclusive (Jan 04, 2008)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More High-Def Disc News...